Thursday, August 24, 2006

farewells and hellos

I was able to spend six days travelling around the UK seeing friends, which meant more meals, good laughs, a few more tears....but I was really lucky to be able to spend some really quality time with special people before embarking on my new life. Since a plot was supposedly thwarted to take explosives through Heathrow airport, my travel style (not particularly light) was a bit cramped. Hence, I am currently travelling "Heidi style"....for those not familiar with the Shirley Temple movie, she wears all her clothes on her journey. It was fine through colder climates, but a bit sweaty in Dubai! All in all, I made it through heightened Heathrow security pretty much unscathed....apart from having my lipstick confiscated. No make up, no lipstick, no soap or shampoo, no toothpaste....and no, it's not pretty! I still have about 4 hours before my flight to Bangladesh, so keep posted for my first impressions.

No comments: