Saturday, January 27, 2007

Birthday




I really wanted to skip this one, since as some as you know, it's a rather large number we're reaching this year. So my plan was to just let it skip by unnoticed and pretend it didn't happen. But MCC staff weren't about to let that happen! Rebecca talked me into coming to Dhaka for the weekend and have lunch with them after church. Shortly after we arrived the rest of the expat staff showed up to suprise me with a birthday lunch of really wonderful Indian food. After a great meal and me alienating a few people with predictions of where they'd be when they were 40, we headed to our country reps for coffee. I was completely shocked to walk in and see work colleagues and friends wielding signs and blowing noisemakers. Cicely and Reba had gone to great lengths to call all the people on my phone and invite all the people who have become special to me in my time here. It was such a surprise and really special...even though they also let everyone know exactly what milestone I was reaching so no longer can I convince anyone that i'm really 29!

2 comments:

Rebekah said...

alienating people, you are funny!

I.W. Gregorio said...

Hey! Happy belated birthday. Your adventures are totally making me jealous. I've been having adventures of a different sort :)