Thursday, September 07, 2006

Home life




I have enjoyed some of your comments and suggestions. Thanks for the language advice. I am coming along a bit, but basically spend most of my day on it...except when I'm emailing/blogging!

Kirsten, I will try to think of behaviour worthy of the undivided attention I receive from the locals. Since nosepicking is fairly well accepted, I may have to be more creative!

Photo 1:
Jahanera...she feeds me and keeps me company when no one else is around. She is the cleaner at the house where I live. She does not speak English but now knows "I don't know" very well (my constant response to whatever she says) and she repeats it with a giggle. She was so pleased when I wrote her name in English and has been copying it.

Photo 2:
Request for view of my orange attire....I'll post a bad picture I tried to take of myself in my room with the camera batteries dying. But you can get an idea of my bed and room and attire!

Photo 3:
Showermate....This lovely was in the shower, and I continued to nonchalantly wash. I thought the spider was stealing soap, but instead it was holding it's egg sac, as I was told by my host. I thought this was all the more reason to kill it immediately, but she didn't seem to have the same response. It had disappeared by morning so I don't know it's fate. I don't think it could have made the journey to my room that fast, so that's ok!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Robin, Jahanera looks quite sweet, I can imagine her teasing a bit about your lack of language fluency. Your orange outfit is lovely, your space looks nice and roomy, but the shower buddy ... hopefully not a frequent guest! Really enjoying your blog.

Love,
Mom

Anonymous said...

Robin,

I'm happy to know that you are finding appropriate clothing there, since I'm wearing all the ones you left behind here! Thanks for the generous contribution to my wardrobe. Everyone is awed that I have such a huge influx of "modern" clothing compared to what I wore before--isn't it sad?! Your paper letter is ready to be mailed. Should be there about the time you're ready to come home, eh?
Love,
Amy